25 August 2008

About damn time

Yeah, yeah, yeah...quit nagging.

So, it's been a while since vacation and apparently I didn't meet expectations with the amount of picture posting. Oh well. It's terribly distressing but there you go.

No picture at the moment but I have bought my very first car. A friend was leaving for Africa for two years and sold me her '97 Ford Escort station wagon. It's not what I'd call elegant by any means but there's no rust, the A/C works and it runs fine. Most importantly, it's been blessed mechanically by MP and that means I'll be able to trundle to K-town on weekends. Oh the freedom!

I'm also back from my big business trip to Switzerland. We had a couple of days for jet lag recovery and we took the opportunity to toodle around and do a bunch of sightseeing. Being from Canada and particularly living in Ontario, which is so big all on its own, you can forget just how compact everything is in Europe. We got into Lichtenstein, Austria and Germany from where we were in Switzerland. The big trip was to Innsbruck. All was fun.

Zurich, Switzerland
Lake Zurich (or Zurisee)


Vaduz, Lichtenstein
Miniature version of the Schloss


Feldkirch, Austria


Konstanz, Germany
Munster Cathedral


Lake Constance (or Der Bodensee)


Swarovski Plant


Innsbruck, Austria


Innsbruck from the Bergisel (Olympic ski jumping place)


Olympic rings from '64 and '76 games


Building in Innsbruck's pedestrian district

No comments: