08 July 2008

Shediac


Miramichi was not wireless friendly. We stayed at Enclosure Campground. The campground was nicer than in Edmundston in that it was more secluded. However, there were about a billion more bugs. As a result, I look like a pincushion. I believe I counted 14 bites at last count. My favourite is the one in the corner of my right eye by my nose.



We visited a couple of historic sights but mostly it was too hot for us to feel like doing much of anything terribly ambitious. It was between 30 and 32 and of course we lost the A/C in the car just outside of Trois-Rivieres.

Today we stopped in Restigouche for the lighthouse, Rexton for the Bonar Law sight and Buctouche for the Irving Eco-Centre. We're spending the night here in Shediac and then on to Antigonish tomorrow.







And the highlight of the day was the off-roading in f*&^ing rural New Brunswick we did looking for the Fisher Hill Baptist Church and cemetery. I'm happy to report our success. Found both the Fisher Hill and Gladeside cemeteries.



No comments: