hen I was working full-time, I often thought that it would be nice to be footloose and fancy free; no routine, no schedule, no responsibilities. And as is the case with most things, once I got it, I realized it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I am most definitely enjoying not working right now; certainly more than I thought I would. But being without a routine or any sort of a schedule was old as soon as it started. I'm spending a fair bit of time trying to get into a routine and set a schedule for each day. And what I'm realizing is that it's not as easy as it sounds.
I have re-discovered that I'm more productive in the mornings, I do better if I don't stop what I'm doing until it's done (housecleaning) and that come evening, regardless of what I've done during the day, I don't want to think about anything serious (travel planning, state of the nation discussions). I am usually lazy to get out of bed but I'm finding that if I get up with himself, then it's a smidge easier.
Today, I got up and showered before coming downstairs and I came downstairs in workout gear so I'd have no excuse not to exercise. So by 10:00, I was showered, breakfasted and 30 minutes done on the Wii. I've joined the NATO gym so now I have to decide when and what time to go. Aah, the life of a dependant wife. :)
1 comment:
I've been a stay-at-home mom now for 10 years, and I can honestly say that the flexibility of my schedule was one of my favorite things. But now that my youngest is about to be in high school, I have less to do around the house, so I'm finding myself sinking into some bad habits because I don't have a lot of established routines. Life changes, and we eventually adapt, I suppose.
S from LOAD
Post a Comment