Those of you who know me well know that I'm ever-so-slightly type-A. Accordingly, I am incapable (generally) of leaving things unfinished. My mother, on the other hand, is the Queen of Unfinished. A friend from away says she's the Queen but I have to say with about 30 years on her, Mum gets the crown. Miss M can have the title of Princess if she so wishes. But I digress. Some time ago (no one knows how long), Mum agreed to cross stitch this
enormous Egyptian sampler for my Aunt. It consists of 14 Egyptian gods and a border. It is huge. Mother got all the gods stitched minus some sparkly thread (a misery to work with) and moved on to something else. For whatever reason, it was out at Christmas and the love-of-my-life (god love him) said "oh Leah will finish that for you". And there it is...I have a phobia of unfinished things; particularly if they're very close to being finished. I undertook the backstitching and the border (boring components if there ever were) and I finished it Sunday night.
And, at the request of Princess M, I've taken pictures to show what my mother stitched and I finished.
So you can properly appreciate the size of this thing.

Detail...
1 comment:
Wow! That thing is huge! And so pretty. How are you guys going to frame it?
Post a Comment