So here I am stretched out on the daybed in my library with my laptop on my lap. I've had supper (scrambled eggs with salsa and parmesan cheese in tortillas) and I've been to get groceries (I'm making meatloaf, veggie chili and pizza soup this weekend) and now here I am. This is the ultimate in alone time. I miss MP and I'll be really glad when we're not doing the long distance thing but my goodness it is nice to be alone and quiet and generally satisfied with life in general.
I received an award at work last week. I got a framed Certificate of Appreciation as well as a gift certificate for our online awards boutique. My boss and Director were very generous. I ordered myself a Swiss Military watch. I'd been thinking about a new bracelet watch for some time now and just hadn't seen anything on which I was prepared to spend the money. The watch arrived on Thursday and I wore it today. I'm quite pleased with it.
And I got my hair cut last night. I didn't get a lot taken off in length but I did get it layered a bit more. It feels much lighter. I also asked that the ends be a little uneven. I figured if that was the way my hair was going to go, I may as well not fight it.
Don't know what tomorrow will bring. They're predicting between 30 and 50 cm more of snow. I must admit, I am getting a little tired of shoveling.
Well, off to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment