27 November 2006

Blogging Mojo

I read other folks' blogs and they talk about not having posted due to a loss of blogging mojo. Sounds very Austin Powers-ish but I think it's pretty accurate.

I've finished week 3 back at work after French and I'm looking very forward to getting any sort of energy back. I never expected going back to work to be so tiring. Heaven help me when I actually get busy.

I start my new job tomorrow at Public Works and Government Services Canada. Big long name...sounds important, doesn't it. Those of us here in Ottawa just call it PW. I'll be doing pretty much the same sort of work. The difference being that PW is the contracting authority for the government of Canada. So...I'll be working on the contracting end whereas before I was working on the requirements for contracting stuff. I'm looking forward to learning something new.

And MP is now officially in Kingston. He's living on base during the week. It's a little different for us since we're not seeing each other during the week. So now we're down to twice a month. I just keep telling myself it's only for 6 months or so. Still, I'm looking forward to Christmas. He's taking three weeks off. Must be nice to have over 20 years of services. If I took 3 weeks off, I'd have no other vacation left. I'll just be taking the week between Christmas and New Year's.

And now, for your viewing pleasure...I just spent the weekend in the country with two cats and I think they deserve some web time.

This is Muffin


And her sister Puffin


And for those of you not from the National Capital Region, we had our first snowfall on November 5th. Fortunately, it has since melted away.

No comments: