19 September 2006

Anniversary

It was our 2 year anniversary on Sunday.

I must say that the love of my life is pretty good at knowing exactly what makes me squeal with delight. (Get your mind out of the gutter; those of you thinking something else.)

He bought me a weather vane. Now apparently my beloved sister was heard saying "what kind of an anniversary gift is that?". I think it's a fabulous kind of gift.

I really like all kinds of weather vanes. They're just so neat with the scroll work and the different things that go above the N/S/E/W thingy. I particularly like mine because it's got a sailboat, waves and a lighthouse on the top. Of course that appeals to my love of the Maritimes.

It's more the kind for a garden (i.e., stick it in the ground) rather than one that goes on the top of a house. I've jammed it in a plant pot and put it out on my balcony. That way I can see it whenever I'm in my bedroom.

Here's a picture:



I also put up, for your viewing pleasure, a picture of the tree in the front of the house. The colours are gorgeous.

No comments: