24 August 2006

French

Full-time second language training has got to be the most tiring thing going. I can't imagine how the people with small children function. I am just wiped most of the time. I have to force myself to do the things that wouldn't ordinarily be any challenge at all.

On the upside, we are getting into the home stretch. There are three tests to be done: reading, writing (grammar), and oral. The reading and writing are being done a month from now; 26 Sept and then the oral is another month after that; 25 Oct. I was pleased with the oral date. It's 1 day before MP takes off for two weeks in Afghanistan. Needless to say I didn't want to have to take my French oral while he was out of country.

Otherwise, I've finally finished painting the trim in the main part of the house. I have to touch up places in the library and none of my bedroom is done. That's next weekend's project, I think. It'll be nice to have it all done.

And now, I'm a proud owner of a piano. My aunt and uncle have given me theirs. It came from his parents' place and I think he said he thought it was about 40 years old. I now need to get it tuned.

Well, off to make supper (read that as heat up left-overs).

No comments: